Monday, November 14, 2011

A taste of a desi love story....

A pick from our best...
Nethra looked him in the eye and asked, “Did it occur to you Mr. Khan, that if I know what I am up against, it could possibly hasten my recovery? And not to mention the fact that I could know what precautions to take?” Sameer had to admit that she had a point there. But he wasn’t about to give in, at least not yet. “Diversion tactics, Sameer,” he told himself. “For starters, let’s stick to you calling me Sameer and I will tell you what you need to know. But before that I want to know something. And I think I am justified in asking, considering what you have been through in the last one week. What happened to you just now a few moments ago? Did you have trouble breathing again?”
Nethra inhaled sharply at that question. How could she tell him that is was him, the memory of his lips on hers that made her breathless? That she was feeling sensations that were completely alien to her? All this at a time when danger was lurking down below – and the man who was helping her out was the man responsible for sparking those emotions? Best to play the ignorance card, reasoned a voice in her head.
From 'Eyes on You', a Red Romance written by Meera Shivashankar

No comments:

Post a Comment